What makes this book so different from others? Hardly any words are used—each thing the book shows you how to do is displayed with colorful graphics that are simple to follow and it really keeps you interested.
Show Me How was “designed to educate, amuse, and occasionally astound,” and it definitely does all three.
I was educated in so many ways—I learned how to pair wines with different foods, how to plant certain things (although I try to be green I definitely DO NOT have a green thumb), and how to do different yoga poses.
Many of the items are indeed amusing, such as how to have a memorable first kiss or add decades to my age.
And the book also shows you how to do a few astounding feats—such as how to harness the cloudbuster’s power and trick radar with a fake UFO.
Show Me How shows you how to do a wide range of things, from cooking to sports, parenting to pranks. I especially like how they show you how to do some eco-friendly things, like what you can do with old CDs (make a compact disc-o ball), playing cards (craft a playing-card wallet), and plastic bags (craft a plastic-bag throw rug).
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Kara!
I really enjoyed this neat and informative book, and I know I will be referring to it often. HarperCollins has generously donated a copy of Show Me How so you can learn something new too!
- To enter simply leave a comment stating something you'd like to learn how to do.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you 1)Subscribe to my feed; 2) Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and the Show Me How (Show Me Now) website (be sure to leave a comment for each "entry").
- The deadline for entries is November 30, 2008, 11:59pm HST.
- An eligible entry will be chosen by random.org as the winner; the winner will be notified via email on December 1, 2008 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
Thank you to HarperCollins for providing the product(s) for review and/or giveaway.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.