Also, according to the website Store Brand Formulas: "Buying a heavily marketed, expensive, brand-name infant formula from a big pharmaceutical company does not get your baby any closer to human breast milk than a store brand formula,” added Dr. Levine. “Mothers can choose to supplement their breast milk with any formula because all formulas are regulated by FDA and nutritionally equivalent." Store brand formulas, which are labeled with the names of retail-store brands, are as nutritionally complete as name-brand formulas. Sold at retailers, grocery stores, and drugstores such as Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Target, Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, and Babies R Us, store brands typically save parents up to 50 percent on formula.
Another reason why moms should be aware of the potential cost-savings of buying store brand formula is because, according to Store Brand Formula, on October 1, 2009, the WIC program implemented significant changes aimed at increasing breastfeeding rates among WIC families. One outcome of these changes could be a reduction in infant formula subsidies by an average of 20 percent, making it even more critical for moms who utilize the WIC program be made aware of store-brand formula cost-savings.
Whether you supplement or exclusively formula-feed, every penny counts, especially in today’s economy, so you should look into the various store brand formulas to compare for yourself, and you could end up saving a lot of money while nourishing your child with the same nutritional benefits as the more popular brands of formula.
Shop: You can purchase store brand formula at Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Kroger, and various other retailers online and nationwide.
Savvy Savings: Sign up here for discount coupons for leading store brand formulas (Walgreens, Babies ‘R’ Us, etc.).
Win: One lucky winner will receive the 368-page 10th edition Consumer Reports Best Baby Products (ARV $16.95).
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to trixx!
Congratulations to trixx!
- To enter, visit Store Brand Formulas and comment on a fact you found most interesting about infant formulas.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Store Brand Formulas
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is November 7, 2009, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on November 8, 2009 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to Team Mom for providing the giveaway products.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.