My Storytime Friends is an interactive toy and storybook set for children ages 3-8 that is both entertaining and educational. The My Storytime Friends set includes a unique combination of a plush stuffed animal, an inspiring hardcover storybook and a lifetime membership to the My Storytime Friends Book of the Month Club. Membership also includes free access to My Storytime Friends online, an interactive place to learn and play. Kids will love watching their cuddly toys come to life as characters in the new stories each month. Parents and Grandparents will appreciate the positive life lessons the stories teach children about overcoming challenges, helping others and achieving dreams.
We were fortunate to receive a My Storytime Friends Kit (ARV $39.99), which included a cute plush bear and the book A Winning Dream by Andrew Wolfendon and illustrated by artist Berne Williams.
A Winning Dream: Brady Bear loves to race and he loves to win. When he enters the local ski race, all he can think about is coming in first. That is, until he realizes that some things matter more than the prize. Follow his fast adventure in this fun, inspiring tale.
This was such a great book with such an important message of how winning a race isn’t always everything—sometimes there are more important things that matter.
Although Little Music Man was more interested in all of the colorful illustrations and is too young to grasp the meaning of the story, I’m sure when he gets older he’ll be able to understand the message of the book and enjoy it even more.
My Storytime Friends provided Little Music Man a great book that we can read together, and a cute stuffed teddy bear that he can cuddle with, but that’s not all!
By entering the code on the tag of the box that the bear and book came in on the My Storytime Friends website, we received lifetime access to the following:
- Narrated online flip-book version of the Book of the Month
- Printable colored PDF copies of each Book of the Month story plus black and white versions for coloring. Hardcover copies of the books are available to members for just $6.95 with free shipping included.
- Access to educational, interactive activities on MyStorytimeFriends.com as well as additional offline activities for children and workbooks for parents.
- Audio-book version of each story
Additional Online Benefits:
- Children can catch up on their Storytime Friends between books by visiting the Newsstand.
- Kids can interact with characters from the stories by sending and receiving mail through the Post Office.
- The My Storytime Friends online store features fun accessories and outfits for the plush toys available for purchase.
I think having lifetime online access to these features is a huge benefit. For one thing, Little Music Man loves going on the computer, and being able to read books online and print or buy only what we want is great.
And each month there’s a new surprise book to read!I personally think My Storytime Friends is a neat idea—combining reading and the internet to create a world where Little Music Man not only has fun, but can learn important lessons as well.
Shop: To purchase a My Storytime Friends Kit, click here to find a retailer.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.