Rockconcepts, Inc. creates novelty products that are fun yet functional because each product serves a purpose. Our products can be used and enjoyed every day. They make great gifts for any occasion and are usually the life of the party!
About the Singing Flower Pot with Built-in Moisture Sensor: Alerts you when your plant needs water by playing the classic song, “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head”. This ingenious flower pot monitors the moisture in the soil once every hour. If the moisture in the soil falls below approximately 20% it reminds you to water your plant once an hour until the plant is watered. Includes the following features: Automatic Light Sensor – Prevents flower pot from singing at night! Soil Retainer – Helps prevent root rot from over watering! Battery Indicator - Blinks red when batteries are low! Includes 3 AA batteries.
For school Little Music Man planted some seeds and brought them home, so it was perfect to test out in the flowerpot.
It looks like a regular flowerpot, and once I put the plant in the pot, I activated the moisture sensor by sliding the switch, and waited to see how long it would be before I heard the song.
It wasn't too long--less than 5 minutes (because yes, I haven't been watering the plant), and actually the first time i heard the song, it startled me a bit! The song is not too loud, but loud enough so I could hear it from any room in my home.
Well, I didn't water the plant right away, and I thought I wouldn't hear the song again for another hour, but for some reason the flowerpot sang about 5 minutes later.
So I watered the plant, and sure enough, no more singing!
There's an automatic light sensor that prevents it from singing at night in the dark. So far I haven't heard it sing while we're all asleep--so the sensor must be working, or maybe I'm just doing a great job watering the plant!
If for some reason you no longer want to hear the singing anymore, just turn the switch to "off," or just make sure you water the plant consistently!
I think the Singing Flower Pot is such a cute idea and it would make a really fun gift! I also think the Singing Flower Pot can be a practical product for those without a green thumb, like me!
For more information on how it works, watch the video below.
Shop: To purchase the Singing Flower Pot with Built-in Moisture Sensor, click here to find a retailer.
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Singing Flower Pot with Built-in Moisture Sensor!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to one frugal lady!
- To enter, comment on what feature you like about the product AND why you'd like to win!
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Rockconcepts, Inc. (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is March 4, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on March 5, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
The products for review and/or giveaway were provided free of charge. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.