The marvelous Roxie Munro is back with more a-MAZE-ing adventures! This time she’s taking kids on an exciting (and informative) journey through 12 incredible ecosystems, from lush evergreen forests to colorful coral reefs, from the frozen tundra to hot desert sands. And to make things even more fun—and challenging—every bright and bold maze features hidden animals that belong in that environment, including wolves, stingrays, parrots, crocodiles, and a whole colony of seals! The ecosystems include:Tropical Rainforest - Desert - Arctic Polar - Grasslands - Savanna - Wetlands - Coral Reef - Tundra - and a human habitat: a campground!
Little Music Man had a lot of fun finding various types of animals, birds, reptiles, insects, and more throughout the various ecosystems represented in EcoMazes. He had to look for a monarch butterfly in the grasslands, hippos in the savanna, and alligators in the wetlands.
Although there were some creatures that both he and I were not familiar with, such as snowy petrels and a purple gallinule, the ecosystem and creatures were drawn so that you could make an educated guess (e.g. if you were asked to look for 7 wood ducks, all 7 would be grouped together) so you could easily idenfity all that animals you needed to.
Not only was it fun to find all of the animals and learn new ones, but going through each maze was a lot of fun too.
The illustrations of each ecosystem were great, and since Little Music Man loves penguins, his favorite scene was that of the Antarctic Polar. My favorite ecosystem was the coral reef, and the author actually snorkeled through coral reefs in Hawaii for research (in addition to traveling all over the world!).
At the end of the book are the answer keys as to where to find the different animals, as well as more information on all the different ecosystems.
EcoMazes is an englightening and engaging book, and such a terrific way for Little Music Man to learn about all kinds of animals and their habitats.
Shop: You can purchase EcoMazes at various retailers online and nationwide (ARV $14.95).
Win: One lucky person will will a copy of EcoMazes!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to saturdaynightfever!
- To enter, simply comment on which ecosystem you/your children would be most interested in learning about and why.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and EcoMazes (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is April 29, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on April 30, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US or Canada addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to Sterling Children's Books for providing the product(s) for review and/or giveaway free of charge. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.