Preserving barns is one way that Campbell recognizes the American farms and farmers who grow the high-quality ingredients that go into each can of Campbell’s® condensed soup.
Photos, videos and stories of the 10 nominated barns were featured on the program website, Help Grow Your Soup, from October through December, 2009...More than 375,000 votes were cast for the nominated barns, and the five winning barns (were/)will be preserved as follows:
• Providence Grove H.S. Farm in Climax, N.C.: Preserved April 9-11
• The Dull Family Farm in Thorntown, Ind.: Preserved April 15-18
• The Just Wait and See Farm in Union Bridge, Md.: To be preserved May 7-9
• The Bowers School Farm in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.: To be preserved June 4-6
• The Augie Fudala Farm in Bark River, Mich.: To be preserved June 10-12
Take a look at the before and after photos of Providence Grove H.S. Farm.
Isn't that awesome?
To see more photos and videos of this barn, as well as the other finalists, visit Help Grow Your Soup.
The Help Grow Your Soup campaign ultimately affected the lives of so many people--from those who live and work on the farm, to those who helped with the restoration, as well as us, the consumers, because it's farms like these that help to nourish our families.
To find out more about how Campbell's is meeting their commitment to "making quality soups that taste good and do good," visit Help Grow Your Soup.
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Campbell's Prize Pack which includes four (4) cans of soup (random varieties) and the book Who Grew My Soup (book summary: Who Grew My Soup? tells a fascinating story about ten-year old Phineas Quinn, a curious youngster who loves junk food. When his mother serves him a bowl of vegetable soup, Phineas says,"I like stuff that’s deep-fried and loaded with sugar. But vegetable soup? Yikes! I’d rather eat boogers!" Phineas hatches a plan to avoid eating vegetables. But his scheme backfires and he finds himself on a hilarious adventure, flying from farm to farm in a giant tomato balloon. Along the way Phineas learns where his food comes from and he meets the farmers who grow it.).
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to haydensmommy05!
- To enter, visit Campbell’s and comment on your favorite product (please be specific).
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Campbell’s (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is June 1, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on June 2, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
M80 contacted me on behalf of Campbell’s and provided the products for giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.