Seventh Generation, the nation's leading brand of environmentally responsible household solutions, is looking for real life “Mother Nature” inspirations. Celebrate some you know who’s an inspiration when it comes to caring for our families and the natural world we all depend on by entering the Search for Mother Nature contest on www.seventhgeneration.com/mothernature.
The contest, which runs from now until May 31, includes a grand prize of a $5000 green home makeover. Both the nominated Mother Nature and the winner will also receive a year’s supply of Seventh Generation products and $2,500 donation in our Mother Nature’s name to an organization working to make the world a safer place. Six finalists will also receive a year’s worth of Seventh Generation products to help them protect planet home.
Visit www.seventhgeneration.com/mothernature for more information on how to enter the contest and official rules.
Seventh Generation’s own Mother Nature inspiration, Ivette Melendez of Women’s Action to Gain Economic Security (WAGES), will be a judge of the contest. WAGES helps low income women in the San Francisco region establish cleaning service cooperatives whose environmentally-friendly methods protect the health of both co-op members and their clients. “Little things can make a big difference when it comes to protecting the planet,” said Melendez. “We work with non-toxic cleaning products every day, which protects our own health and also ensures that the homes we clean are safe for the families living there and safe for the environment.”
Ivette’s Five Golden Rules of Cleaning
Rule 1: Go Top-to-Bottom.
Whether it's a room or a bookcase, clean from the top to the bottom and you won't have to go back and pick up any stray dirt or errant dust that falls as you go.
Rule 2: Go Back to Front.
Always clean from back to front for similar reasons. If it's a room, start in a rear corner and work toward the door. If it's a cabinet, begin in the back and clean out toward the edge.
Rule 3: Work Clockwise.
Pick a starting spot and work in a steady clockwise direction. Working systematically in this way will ensure that you don’t forget anything and won’t have to spend any time thinking about it!
Rule 4: Don't Use or Do More Than You Need To.
Always start with a small amount of cleaning product and use more as necessary for tough spots and other challenges. Using more than you need to start only creates more work when it's time to rinse everything off!
Rule 5: Look Before You Leap.
If you're cleaning something you've never cleaned before and/or using a product for the first time, you'll save a lot of premature hair loss by always testing things first to make sure you won't cause any damage.
For more of Ivette's great tips, visit http://www.seventhgeneration.com/mothernature.
Shop: You can purchase Seventh Generation cleaners, baby products, and more at various retailers online and nationwide, or you can click here to find a retailer near you.
Savvy Savings: Become a Seventh Generation Nation member and access great coupons and special offers on Seventh Generation Products!
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Seventh Generation Kit which includes: Ivette’s top three cleaning tools (pocket scraper, microfiber rag and scouring pad); Seventh Generation Disinfecting Wipes; Seventh Generation Natural All-Purpose Spray; Seventh Generation Natural Dish Liquid; Seventh Generation Recycled Paper Towels.
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to brianpiero!
- To enter, visit Seventh Generation and comment on your favorite product or product you'd like to try (excluding the giveaway items).
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Seventh Generation (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- 6)Follow Seventh Generation on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 7)Like Seventh Generation on Facebook (leave your Facebook name in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is May 29, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on May 30, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product(s) for review and/or giveaway free of charge. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.