I was fortunate to receive some boxes of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice and a cool Uncle Ben's apron for when I'm busy in the kitchen.
I've never cooked rice on the stove before (I always use a rice cooker), so I was very eager to try this technique. It really was quick and easy to cook the rice--just a few minutes to stir the water and rice together and bring it to a boil, another 10 minutes to let it simmer, and another 5 minutes off the heat to let it soak up the rest of the water. I served it with some chicken strips, and although I personally didn't think it looked and tasted like white rice--I could see and taste the whole grains, it still tasted fine. Even Smiley Boy ate it!
They do have other flavors that I'm eager to try, such as Broccoli Cheddar or Taco Style, but I think the next time I make this rice I'll try and incorporate some cheese and chicken on my own to make a more flavorful rice that could be hearty enough for a meal!
What's great about Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice is that it is made with natural ingredients, is a good source of Niacin, Thiamin, and Folic Acid, and is a good source of fiber, containing 45g of whole grains per serving.
I love that the Whole Grain White Rice is nutritious and easy to make, and now I can't wait to try out some of the recipes from the Uncle Ben's website!
Shop: Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice products will be available in grocery stores nationwide beginning in July 2010.
Win: Two lucky winners will each receive an Uncle Ben's apron and a box of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice!
- To enter, visit Uncle Ben's and comment on your favorite recipe.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Uncle Ben's (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is June 4, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on June 5, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Centralon behalf of Uncle Ben’s and received samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.