My favorite type of game to play is puzzle games, so I was really excited to try out the app Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Book 1.
Ten-year-old Simon Graham needs your help! His grandmother has been kidnapped and the only clues he has are in the diary she left behind.
Take on the role of Simon as he journeys from his small hometown to the big city.
Along the way:
- Discover the hidden pieces of his grandmother's mysterious pocket watch.
- Test your skills solving dozens of puzzles that are tightly integrated with the plot.
- Visual, word, math, jigsaw, and hidden picture puzzles, combined with a compelling story, provide hours of gameplay.
- Busy players will appreciate the ability to quit at anytime and continue where they left off.
Do you have what it takes to crack the puzzles and solve the mystery?
Initially when I tried Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece, I thought it was going to be way too easy. The first few puzzles I finished in just a matter of seconds.
But then there were puzzles that I really had to use logic and math skills.
I was actually a little embarrassed that some puzzles took me so long to figure out!
At one point DH decided to take over when I was taking too long to figure out an answer, and he became hooked!
He also thought there were puzzles that were really simple and other that were really difficult, but we both liked the variety of puzzles.
One thing I wish could be changed was how hints are automatically offered if you submit a wrong answer. I wish there was an option to disable this since I'm the stubborn type who likes to figure things out on my own without the use of hints at all.
My favorite type of puzzle was the hidden picture puzzles--I tend to be good at those types of puzzles. For me, the more difficult puzzles were the math puzzles.
It's easy to go back and refer to the puzzle, and you can stop at anytime and just restart where you left off.
However, I do wish there was an option to allow for multiple players to play games--that way I could compete against DH to see who finished Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece first!
I have no idea how many puzzles there are, but I really can't wait to go through them all--I'm addicted!
Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece is great for both children and adults. Parents and kids can even play and help solve puzzles together!
Both DH and I think Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece is a really fun, really addictive, and really brain-stimulating game. If you love puzzle games or simply want to try out a new, entertaining app, check out Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Book 1.
Shop: You can purchase Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece on iTunes (ARV $1.99).
Win: Two lucky winners will each receive a $10 iTunes Gift Card so they can purchase a download of Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Book 1!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Mami2jcn, FDP 4 Life!
- To enter, visit Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Book 1, view the different game screens and comment on which of the puzzles shown you think is the hardest to solve, or simply comment on why you'd think you enjoy playing the game.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Book 1 (leave the link in your comment)
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
5)Tweet this giveaway (must reference Sage and Savvy; leave the link in your comment)
6)Follow Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
7)Like Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece on Facebook (leave your user name in your comment)
- 8)Post a comment on why you'd think you'd enjoy the app on the Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece Wall (must reference Sage and Savvy; leave your user name in your comment).
- The deadline for entries is June 14, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on June 15, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the App House for providing the product(s) for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.