The Mead® Writing Fundamentals products are designed to guide parents on how best to introduce and facilitate fundamental writing skills for young learners. Divided into four stages based on the developmental level of the child, these tools progressively build upon one another as children master the skills necessary for writing success.
The use of color to aid focus and increase retention, helpful reminders for proper hand placement, and clever cues for paper stabilization are carried throughout the line.
We were fortunate to receive several products from the Writing Fundamentals line which focused on fine-motor skills, letter formation, visual perception, and so much more.
Little Music Man's favorite Writing Fundamentals products are the Write-On Wipe-Off Lowercase Letters and the Dry Erase Activity Board. He loves tracing and writing the letters, numbers, and shapes, and of course he thinks it's so cool how he can wipe off all the markings and start all over again!
I personally think Snip It is really neat. This book promotes fine motor development, and helps Little Music Man practice his cutting and coloring. It also helps him with trying to stick within boundaries, since he often colors outside the lines. I like how the book uses fun strips of paper to help with adherence to visual boundaries.
All of the Writing Fundamentals products are great to have on hand--not only for summer, but also to supplement school work, to use on school breaks--for just about anytime!
The products help Little Music Man develop and enhance a variety of skills in an engaging way, and he really looks forward to "homework" (especially if homework involves using the Dry Erase Activity Board!).
Shop: You can purchase Mead Writing Fundamentals at various retailers online and nationwide, including Target, Walmart, and Staples (ARV $3.99-$6.99).
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Writing Fundamentals Prize Pack consisting of 5-7 of the following products of choice (Path Quest, Snip It, Shape Builders Learn to Draw, Dry Erase Activity Board, Capital Letter Stories, Write-On, Wipe-Off Lowercase Letters, 4-in-1 Learn to Letter, Idea Builders, Primary Journal, Write-on, Wipe-off Cursive Letters)
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Steph!
- To enter, visit the Writing Fundamentals product page and the product detail sheet and comment on what product(s) you like best AND why.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway using #WritingFundamentals (leave the link in your comment)
- 6)Follow Writing Fundamentals on Twitter and tweet "I'm following @MeadEarlyLearn thanks to @sagemom" (leave your link and user name in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is August 6, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- Winner must not have won a Writing Fundamentals Prize Pack within the past 60 days.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email upon verification of no previous Writing Fundamentals Prize Pack within the past 60 days. (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to Mead for providing the products for review and giveaway. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.