In response to customer feedback, and requests for more texture (e.g. croutons), drier lettuce, smaller pieces (e.g. chicken), and "flavor excitement, " Wendy's introduced four new salads: Apple Pecan Chicken, Baja, Spicy Chicken Caesar, BLT Cobb.
I had never tried a salad from Wendy's before, but after viewing the presentation and Chef Rick Tramonto prepare the salads, I couldn't wait!
I was fortunate to receive a $10 gift card to try one of Wendy's new salads, and since I love Mexican food, I decided to try out the Baja Salad.
It was DELICIOUS! (Note: the Baja Salad comes with Chili, but since I don't eat beef, I requested no Chili).
The lettuce was fresh (I saw no brown or wilted pieces), the guacamole was really good (some of the best I've ever had), the pico de gallo was tasty (I just wish they gave a little more), the tortilla strips added a nice, savory crunch, and the dressing gave the salad a nice, spicy kick.Although I do wish they offered chicken instead of chili on the Baja salad, I thought it was still really good without the chili, and the next time I'll either get the Baja salad again, or I'll try the BLT Cobb since it has bacon, and to me, just about everything tastes better with bacon!
To find a Wendy's near you, click here.
Win: One lucky winner will receive a $10 Wendy's Gift Card!
- To enter, comment on which of the new salads is your favorite, or which are you most eager to try.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Wendy's (leave the link in your comment)
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is August 20, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about August 21, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.