On November 16th, Norah Jones will release ...Featuring, an album of the multi-platinum selling, multi-Grammy Award winning singer Norah Jones' musical collaborations from the past decade. The 18 songs on the album include duets with such legends as Ray Charles, Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton, and with 21st century icons from OutKast to the Foo Fighters.
"A lot of the people on this record are people I've worshiped since I was a kid, and some of them are younger and more my contemporaries," says Norah. "Even though the musicians are so varied, the vibe of the songs makes sense when we put them all together." These collaborations reveal Jones' astonishing musical versatility, from jazz to country, hip hop to rock. Songs on the album range from classics recorded by Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, and Joni Mitchell to new material by such wide-ranging innovators as Ryan Adams and Q-Tip, as well as recordings by some of Jones' own bands and side projects (The Little Willies and El Madmo).
The tracks on ...Featuring span her entire career, from one of her earliest recording sessions with guitarist Charlie Hunter in 2001 to her most recent performance, a song called "Little Lou, Ugly Jack, Prophet John" that she cut with indie rock legends Belle and Sebastian, which will also appear on their new album. The result serves as a kind of parallel history to her own four albums, which have sold over 40 million copies worldwide.
1. The Little Willies - "Love Me"
2. The Foo Fighters feat. Norah Jones - "Virginia Moon"
3. Sean Bones feat. Norah Jones - "Turn Them"
4. Willie Nelson feat. Norah Jones - "Baby It's Cold Outside"
5. Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson - "Bull Rider"
6. Dirty Dozen Brass Band feat. Norah Jones - "Ruler of My Heart"
7. El Madmo - "The Best Part"
8. Outkast feat. Norah Jones - "Take Off Your Cool"
9. Q-Tip feat. Norah Jones - "Life Is Better"
10. Talib Kweli feat. Norah Jones - "Soon the New Day"
11. Belle & Sebastian feat. Norah Jones - "Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John"
12. Ray Charles feat. Norah Jones - "Here We Go Again"
13. Norah Jones feat. Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Ryan Adams feat. Norah Jones - "Dear John"
15. Norah Jones feat. Dolly Parton - "Creepin' In"
16. Herbie Hancock feat. Norah Jones - "Court & Spark"
17. Charlie Hunter feat. Norah Jones - "More Than This"
18. Norah Jones feat. M. Ward - "Blue Bayou"
Norah Jones has such a beautiful voice, and I enjoyed all of her collaborations with the various artists on ...Featuring, from the first track to the last.
I found her sultry voice to be perfect on such tracks as Love Me and Blue Bayou (my favorite track), and it easily shined on so many others, such as Take Off Your Cool and Life is Better.
Jones' collaborations span different genres, and it was neat to hear her team up with such artists as Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Outkast, and Q-Tip!
...Featuring really showcases Jones' talent and voice, and I think the CD will make a fantastic gift for the holidays!
Shop: You can purchase a copy of ...Featuring on Amazon.com and at various other retailers online and nationwide (ARV $18.98)
Win: One lucky winner will receive a copy of ...Featuring!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Mrs. Desimone!
- To enter, visit Norah Jones and comment on your favorite "Featuring" Video Vignette.
- You may do any of the following for extra entries (be sure to leave a comment on this post for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Norah Jones; leave the link in your comment (1 extra entry)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed (1 extra entry)
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar; leave the URL (1 extra entry)
- 4)Add my Holiday Gift Guide button to your sidebar; leave the URL (1 extra entry)
- 5)Follow me on Twitter; leave your Twitter name in your comment (1 extra entry)
- 6)Tweet this giveaway; leave your link/Twitter name in your comment (1 extra entry)
- 7)Tweet the following "Check out @sagemom's Holiday Gift Guide http://tinyurl.com/29m86ac"; leave your link/Twitter name in your comment (1 extra entry)
- 8)Leave a comment on the Holiday Wish List post stating what item(s) is(are) on your holiday wish list this year (3 extra entries)
- The deadline for entries is November 30, 2010, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about December 1, 2010 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the products for review and giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.