The Jellybeans: Back in School:
When you’re eleven and twelve years old, there usually isn’t much to tell about your career as a performing artist, but that is not the case here. The Jellybeans are eleven girls from Our Lady of Mercy Academy in Jersey City, who began singing together four years ago when they were in third grade as part of the children’s choir. They sang their first original song at their school concert that year and have been doing so ever since. In fourth grade, some of the girls performed solo parts in their second song, “Round And Round,” and those girls were the beginning of The Jellybeans. A year later two of the girls helped write some of the lyrics for their new song,” A Perfect Summer’s Day” and performed it at their spring concert. This year, while in the sixth grade, they formed this group to record an album of concert songs, formally became The Jellybeans and performed for the first time at their concert as this group. Several of the girls contributed ideas for the lyrics to their newest song, “Back In School,” which became the title of their album. Quite a lot of growing up musically from third to sixth grade and they have a lot of growing ahead of them. In fact, they’re going to grow into their second album very soon. They have a lot of songs to record.
Shop: You can purchase Back in School on CD Baby (SRP $8.00)
Win: Five lucky winners will each receive a copy of Back in School!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Jennifer, Mandy, Tori, susanlanai, Stacey L.
- To enter, visit The Jellybeans and comment on your favorite song.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and The Jellybeans (leave the link in your comment)
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is March 6, 2011, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about March 7, 2011 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.