This Valentine’s Day, why not indulge your sweetie’s sweet tooth and your heart? Serve up a special love-themed breakfast treat: Nature’s Path has partnered with Whole Foods Market on an exclusive, one-of-a-kind, limited-edition Love Crunch cereal to make your day and the day of someone in need very special.
Inspired by a true-life love story and philanthropic endeavor (see the Love Crunch Story below), each box of Nature’s Path Love Crunch sold donates $1 to help give women the chance to create or expand home-based businesses and lift themselves and their families out of poverty.
Love Crunch is the perfect marriage between the whole grain goodness of flax cocoa granola, rich dark chocolate chunks, the sweetness of strawberries, the tartness of raspberries and the decadence of coconut.
Like all Nature’s Path products, Love Crunch is USDA certified organic which means it does not contain artificial preservatives, additives, genetically modified organism (GMOs) or synthetic pesticides.
Here are a few ways you can indulge your sweet tooth while indulging your heart:
- Simple Breakfast Treat Love Crunch is the perfect breakfast treat to serve your sweetie on Valentine’s Day morning and because Valentine’s Day is on a Monday, Love Crunch is a quick and easy way to start the special day with a delicious surprise for your loved ones.
- Love Crunch Cheesecake (recipe below)
- Love Crunch Topping Love Crunch makes a tasty topping for your favorite desserts. You can use it to top a yogurt parfait or a creamy bowl of ice cream for an added hint of love.
Diane Henderiks’ Strawberry Cheesecake
1 3/4 cup Love Crunch cereal
1/2 cup Smart Bran cereal
1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1/3C butter; melted
1/2 cup Lifeway Strawberry Greek Yogurt
4 oz. Lifeway Farmers cheese, room temperature
8 ounces low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
1 cup Love Crunch cereal
12 fresh strawberries
fresh mint sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Combine cereals and cocoa in blender, process until blended to fine crumbs. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs.
3. Return reserved 1/4 cup of crumbs to blender and grind to fine powder. Set aside for garnish when cake is completed.
4. Make the crust: Combine all ingredients for crust in a large bowl. Press into bottom of 9” springform or cake pan and set aside.
5. Make the cake: Combine yogurt, farmer’s cheese and cream cheese in a large bowl. With electric mixer, completely beat in sugar. Beat in vanilla, spices and flour. Stir in pureed strawberries. Pour into pan.
6. Bake for about 1½ hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let stand 30 minutes.
8. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving.
9. Dust entire top of cake with reserved finely ground cereal and sprinkle Love Crunch cereal around the edges.
10. Fan sliced strawberries in center of cake and place whole strawberry in the middle. Garnish with whole and sliced strawberries and mint sprigs
Diane Henderiks, R.D.
Personal Chef/Culinary Nutritionist
Dietitian in the Kitchen?
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.