Shaun the Sheep: Spring Shenanigans:
Spring with excitement and jump with joy, because Shaun the Sheep is back for more wild adventures from the Oscar®-winning creators of Wallace & Gromit. Fun on the farm with Shaun and his barnyard buddies springs to life, from bouncing sheep and a super-sized Timmy to bagpipe buddies and a short-sighted farmer, there’s no limit to the wild things these animals will do. So hop along with Shaun, Bitzer, Shirley, Timmy and those Naughty Pigs next door in some sheep-herding mayhem that’s sure to give you a lift!
· “Spring Lamb” - It’s bath time for a reluctant Timmy. In trying to escape, Timmy gets a spring attached to his tail. It’s up to the flock to catch the bouncing baby sheep and return him to the tub before he destroys the farm.
· “Supersize Timmy” - Timmy accidentally eats a tomato grown with “Miracle-Grow” fertilizer and expands to become the King Kong of sheep. Shaun must keep the giant toddler out of sight while trying to figure out how to return him to normal size.
· “Bagpipe Buddy” - The sheep discover a set of bagpipes on the rubbish dump which they immediately misidentify as a sick emu. They set about trying to nurse it back to health before releasing it back into the wild.
· “Cheetah Cheater” - A wildlife film inspires Pidsley the cat to play a prank on the flock by disguising himself as a leopard. Shaun is convinced there is a huge beast on the loose and concocts a plan to catch it.
· “Lock Out” - While preparing for bed, the Farmer manages to lock himself out of the house and is stuck outside in his pajamas. He decides to spend the night in the barn but his incessant snoring drives the flock mad. Shaun heads up an operation to return him to his bed without waking him up.
· “Draw the Line” - The flock hijack a road line-painting machine and cause chaos while creating giant works of art in the field.
· “Ewe’ve Been Framed” - When Shaun accidentally breaks the farmer’s glasses, he and Bitzer have their work cut out trying to prevent their short-sighted master from having mishaps around the farm. Things get a little hair-raising for the flock before Shaun manages to replace the smashed up spectacles.
We've never heard of Shaun the Sheep before, but my boys do enjoy watching Timmy Time, which happens to be a spin-off series of Shaun the Sheep, so I had a feeling they'd enjoy watching the Spring Shenanigans DVD!
In Spring Lamb, when Timmy got the spring stuck to himself, Musician cried "oh no," but after seeing how fun it was for him to jump around on the spring, he thought it was so funny. He giggled as the lamb bounced all over the place, especially since he didn't want to take a bath.
The boys enjoyed the other episodes too, especially Supersize Timmy. He got really, really big, and he wasn't the only animal that got big!
Despite there being other sheep in the episodes, I thought it was cute how Musician would call each one he saw on screen Timmy, since he's more familiar with Timmy. I tried to explain who the other sheep were (that I could figure out), but he still called them all Timmy anyway.
Spring Shenanigans is a lot of fun to watch, especially since there are no words that are spoken. The boys can figure out what's happening simply by the noises and actions of the animals on screen, and regardless if it's Timmy or Shaun or any other sheep, they enjoy watching all the animal antics!
Shop: You can purchase Spring Shenanigans at various retailers online and nationwide (SRP $14.98).
Win: One lucky winner will receive a copy of Spring Shenanigans!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to crystletellerday!
- To enter, comment on why you'd like to win.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Shaun the Sheep (leave the link in your comment)
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is March 4, 2011, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about March 5, 2011 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.