He Is We’s story is the sort of tale that should begin with “Once upon a time…”
In the summer of 2008, Rachel Taylor and Trevor Kelly went to work at Ted Brown Music Tacoma, Washington. Both felt like outcasts and while the other employees sold flutes and guitars, Rachel and Trevor became fast friends, confiding in each other and realizing they both were musically inclined. Their first collaboration was a track called “Such a Beautiful Sound,” written at a friend’s house,” and the transition from music store co-workers to band mates was a natural next step.
The duo’s quirky songwriting began to get attention when they posted “Pardon Me” online. At first the track got five or six plays a day; later it got thousands. So Rachel and Trevor wrote more songs and the musical connection between the two was apparent from the start.
By 2010 it was time for those fans to have more music than a few online songs...
[My Forever] as a whole is lovely and inviting, easily accessible for any listener. The disc evolves that initial meeting in the music store to prancing pop songs that always leave you wanting more. “Making the album turned our little demos into exactly what we were hoping for,” Rachel says. “It made our little babies grow up into beautiful young songs.” This is where you’d expect the story to close with “Happily ever after.” But He Is We is just getting started. As Rachel says, “It’s only going to get better.”
Click here to watch their video for Happily Ever After.
Shop: You can purchase a download of My Forever on iTunes (SRP $7.99)
Win: One lucky winner will receive a copy of My Forever!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to rubynreba!
- To enter, comment on a "Happily Ever After" moment in your life.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and He Is We (leave the link in your comment)
2)Subscribe to my feed
3)Add my button to your sidebar
4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
5)Tweet this giveaway (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is April 12, 2011, 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about April 13, 2011 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to accept.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.