With the same goodness you´ve come to know and love about Cheerios, the new Dulce de Leche flavor provides 39 percent of the recommended daily amount of whole grain* (* According to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, the daily recommended amount of whole grain for most people is at least 3 ounce equivalents, which is equal to 48 grams. Dulce de Leche Cheerios has 19 grams of whole grain per serving).
I was fortunate to receive a box of Dulce de Leche Cheerios thanks to MyBlogSpark, and although I don't normally like a lot of caramel-flavored treats because often times I think the caramel flavor is too overpowering, the Dulce de Leche Cheerios were very delicious, with just a touch of caramel sweetness!
Although Honey Nut Cheerios are still my all-time fave, I still thought the Dulce de Leche Cheerios were really good.
There is, however, a huge fan of the new Dulce de Leche Cheerios - Smiley!
Not only will he ask for them for breakfast, but he'll ask for the "brown Cheerios" (referring to both the box and how some of the Cheerios are darker than regular Cheerios) for snack time as well!
Speaking of snack time, for some creative snack and dessert recipes using Dulce de Leche Cheerios, see below.
- Dulce de Leche Apple Bread http://bit.ly/DDLAppleBread
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Bars http://bit.ly/DDLBars
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Parfaits http://bit.ly/DDLParfaits
- Dulce de Leche Cheerios Snack Mix http://bit.ly/DDLMix
- Dulce de Leche No-Bake Cheesecake http://bit.ly/DDLNBCheesecake
- Dulce de Leche No-Bake Snack Bars http://bit.ly/DDLNBSnackBars
- Dulce de Leche Popcorn Balls http://bit.ly/DDLPopBalls
Full of whole grains (listed as the first ingredient!) and with just 100 calories per serving, Dulce de Leche Cheerios are a sweet way to start the morning!
- Box of Dulce de Leche Cheerios
- Orange polka dot cereal bowl
- Cereal spoon
- Dulce de leche scented candle
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to daveshir2005!
- To enter, comment on which of the Dulce de Leche Cheerios recipes above you'd most like to try.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Cheerios (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway--you may tweet once per day based on HST (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is February 21, 2012 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about February 22, 2012 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to respond.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
The new Dulce de Leche Cheerios information, product, and prize pack have been provided free of charge by Cheerios and General Mills, through MyBlogSpark. Click here for my disclosure policy.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.