The Down and Dirty Facts
The second annual Dirty Work Index™ survey found that when it comes to cleaning, women think they do it all. In fact, 58 percent of women say it’s their “job” to clean, and a quarter (25 percent) of all women feels as if they are the cleaning “leader” in their homes. Conversely, more than half of women confided that they want more overall help from their partner or spouse, but 38 percent don’t trust them to meet their standards of cleanliness.
The survey revealed that men are helping around the house, however they aren’t given credit when credit’s due. Interestingly, 45 percent of men surveyed say it’s their job to clean and contribute to the household accordingly. More surprisingly, nearly 75 percent of men claim to clean to make their spouse or partner happy – demonstrating they do care about helping out and are picking up the slack.
“Women’s and men’s roles outside the home have definitely evolved, but the Dirty Work Index™ survey results indicate that we need to make more of an effort to make changes inside the home, too,” says Gray, whose bestselling book “Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus” is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. “It’s important to take a closer look at things like household tasks to determine what’s working – and what’s not.”
Gray Helps Couples Tackle the Chore War
From February 2012 through June 2012, John Gray will be offering tips and advice to couples on how to conquer household chores and create more harmony at home. By visiting Scrubby Solution’s Facebook tab families can share their roles, responsibilities and tips for getting it all done. Additionally, they can participate in a Q&A session with John Gray, take a cleaning personality quiz complete with product recommendations and cleaning solutions, and read more surprising data from the Scrubbing Bubbles® Dirty Work Index™ survey.
Cleaning for the 21st Century: A Balancing Act
The foundation of a family begins at home so managing home life – including cleaning – is essential to families’ happiness. How families deal with household chores either strengthens the partnership or creates a divide. Gray offers this advice for creating the best atmosphere at home:
1. Define the roles: It’s important to identify all the household chores and discuss who will have ownership of each.
2. Discuss expectations: The results showed that women don’t trust men to meet their standards of clean. Gray recommends that women actually show men how they want the house cleaned and that couples discuss what clean means to each of them.
3. Look for time-saving cleaning tools: Stock your home with cleaning products that are easy to use and efficient. For example, use Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner and Scrubbing Bubbles® One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner. These products make the tough tasks easier so anyone in the family can help clean.
4. Remember to say thank you: Whether or not the bathroom shines the way you want, don’t forget to say thank you for making the effort.
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Scrubbing Bubbles Prize Pack which includes the Automatic Shower Cleaner and One Step Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to lmurley2000!
- To enter, comment on a household chore you dislike the most.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and Scrubbing Bubbles (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway--you may tweet once per day based on HST (leave the link in your comment)
- 6)Follow Scrubbing Bubbles on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is February 28, 2012 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about February 29, 2012 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to respond.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post. Click here for my disclosure policy.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.