New moms have countless things to worry about and almost as many well-meaning friends and loved ones offering advice (often unwanted). But who should they listen to? So much of what is out there is confusing and contradictory—not to mention overwhelming.
As a first-time mother, author and Self magazine senior staff writer Erin Bried encountered many stressful situations when seeking advice on everything from what to eat when you’re pregnant to how to soothe her crying baby. In an effort to help new moms cut through the fads and gimmicks she turned to the real experts: mothers, whose simple, no-frills advice have stood the test of time.
The result? Her forthcoming book, HOW TO ROCK YOUR BABY: And Other Timeless Tips For Moms (Hyperion; April 3, 2012), which is the third in a popular how-to series by Bried (How to Sew a Button and How to Build a Fire) that have sold over 90,000 copies to date.
For the book, Bried interviewed ten mothers from across the country—ranging in age from 39 to 102—including the mothers of Rachel Maddow, Jonathan Safran Foer, Super Bowl Champion Asante Samuels, astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson, the first female conductor of a major symphony orchestra Marin Alsop, and her own mother Claire Bried, to find out how they survived and thrived as parents.
The book features 100 charming and useful step-by-step how-to’s and words of advice in addition to brief biographies of each of the mothers. The book will help parents at every stage—from pregnancy to birth and beyond—feel more at ease and confident in their roles and hopefully, they will learn to trust themselves and their own instincts, just as these remarkable mothers did.
Shop: You can purchase How to Rock Your Baby at various retailers online and nationwide beginning Apr. 3 (SRP $14.99)
Win: One lucky winner will receive a copy of How to Rock Your Baby!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Erin Cook!
- To enter, comment on why you'd like to win.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and HOW TO ROCK YOUR BABY (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter (leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway--you may tweet once per day based on HST (leave the link in your comment)
- The deadline for entries is April 16, 2012 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about April 17, 2012 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to respond.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post. Click here for my disclosure policy.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.