The hashtag for the twitter chat is #funkychat.
About Funky Monkey Snacks:
Founded in 2006 with the mission of nourishing healthy lifestyles by providing delicious, nutritious, convenient, quality snacks, Funky Monkey® Snacks are simply real fruit snacks, made using a proprietary freeze-drying process that creates Fruit That Crunches!® while retaining nearly all of fruit’s natural goodness.
Funky Monkey Snacks’ larger one-ounce bags contain three of the four daily recommended servings of fruit. Both the one-ounce and 0.42-ounce sizes are available in the following flavors:
- Applemon® (Freeze-Dried Apple and Organic Cinnamon),
- Bananamon® (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana and Organic Cinnamon),
- Carnaval Mix™ (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana, Pineapple, Apple and Papaya),
- JiveALime® (Freeze-Dried Pineapple and Lime Juice),
- MangOJ® (Freeze-Dried Mango and Orange Juice)
- Pink Pineapple® (Freeze-Dried Pineapple and Guava)
- Purple Funk® (Freeze-Dried Organic Banana and Organic Açai – pronounced ah-sigh-EE)
Different from other freeze-dried fruits on the market which can have a powdery and Styrofoam-like texture, Funky Monkey’s proprietary method of freeze drying creates a snack that has the crunchy appeal of more traditional snack foods, with three servings of fruit in every ounce. Full slices and pieces of fruit are used, not small dices typically found in other types of fruit-based snacks.
Funky Monkey’s freeze-drying method also uses less energy than other processes by utilizing thermodynamics and steam from a cashew shell-powered boiler. Further supporting its mission to be environmentally respectful, Funky Monkey only uses organic bananas, pineapples, cinnamon, açai and lime juice, eliminating the use of chemicals.
Also, all fruit waste (peels, cores, etc.) is re-used as fertilizer or animal feed, as opposed to taking up space in a landfill.
The privately-held company is led by an experienced management team with Matt Herzog as its president. Funky Monkey Snacks are sold nationwide at major retailers and online at Amazon.com. For more information, visit www.FunkyMonkeySnacks.com, Twitter or Facebook.
Win: One lucky winner will receive a Funky Monkey Prize Pack consisting of samples of all 7 flavors!
***THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED***
Congratulations to Timshaun!
- To enter, comment on your favorite flavor or flavor you're most eater to try.
- You’ll get one extra entry each if you do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each “entry”):
- 1)Blog about this giveaway and link back to Sage and Savvy and www.FunkyMonkeySnacks.com (leave the link in your comment)
- 2)Subscribe to my feed
- 3)Add my button to your sidebar
- 4)Follow me on Twitter ("new" and "existing" followers eligible; leave your Twitter name in your comment)
- 5)Tweet this giveaway--you may tweet once per day based on HST (leave the link in your comment)
- 6)Follow Funky Monkey Snacks on Twitter ("new" and "existing" followers eligible; leave your Twitter name in your comment).
- The deadline for entries is October 29, 2012 11:59pm HST.
- If you submitted an eligible entry and it is chosen by random.org as the winner, you will be notified via email on or about October 30, 2012 (make sure your email address is in your profile or comment and be sure to check your junk/spam, etc. folders) and will have 3 days to respond.
- Valid for US addresses only.
- By entering in this giveaway, you have read and agreed to Sage and Savvy’s policies regarding giveaways.
Thank you to the sponsor for providing the product for review and/or giveaway free of charge. All opinions are my own. I received no monetary compensation for this post. Click here for my disclosure policy.
Gem is a Hawaii Mom Blogger who posts reviews and giveaways, and blogs about life in Hawaii as a mom of 3 boys, including one with an Autism Spectrum Disorder. She loves to travel, bake, and eat anything with chocolate.