The first recipe I ever stumbled upon for Broiled Sushi was this recipe on the blog Mama's a Mess, and it's super good as is, but I've since changed the amounts of some of the ingredients just a bit (you can tweak the recipe yourself depending on your own preferences - e.g. use less furikake or 1/2 package imitation crab).
Broiled Sushi (adapted from Mama's a Mess; photo from my other blog Island Views, Island News)
- 4-6 cups of cooked rice (if you want a thicker rice base, use 6 cups of rice; can be either cold or warm)
- 1 package (1 lb) imitation crab meat, chopped & shredded
- 1 package (1 oz) dried shiitake mushrooms, prepared according to package instructions & chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (1.7 oz) Nori Komi Furikake (or any other type of furikake you prefer)
- 2-3 pkgs Korean Seasoned Seaweed - (optional)
- Spread rice on the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle furikake over rice.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the imitation crab meat, shiitake mushrooms, sour cream, and mayonnaise until well-blended.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the rice.
- Broil approximately 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown
- Cut into squares to serve, or spoon into Korean Seasoned Seaweed
Sage and Savvy is brought to you by Hawaii Mom Bloggers sharing the latest in products, movies, and more!